Availability Check

Many times I feel inadequate to share Jesus Christ with people that I come across with on an everyday basis. For some individuals this comes very easy to them, and they have no problem walking up to a person and sharing the gospel with someone. There are times when I think that I'm not equipped for this kind of work. Whether we tell people about God or we show them through our actions, we are called to live a life that brings others to Christ! When God calls us to do something bigger than we think we can handle, He will equip us by working through us. We learn to rely on His strength, not our own abilities. Simply put, God doesn't look for abilities, He looks for availabilities. I am reminded that when I hear God's voice calling my name, I can be confident in Him that He will give me the words to speak. And that it will not be me, but God speaking through me. All you have to do is be obedient to His calling, rely on His strength, and be available. God will use you in mighty ways to do the work for His kingdom as long as you let Him.

"In a very real sense, not one of us is qualified, but it seems that God continually chooses the most unqualified to do His work, to bear His glory." -Madeleine L'Engle

1 comment

  1. I feel the same way! Well put!! Beth Moore put it this way in her David Bible Study about God "He is simply a God of Grace, looking for those who will not take an ounce of credit for what He alone can do." and also "David was not divine nor perfect but God used him to teach us truths about the One who is."

    ReplyDelete