God's Perfect Timing



In a town where I'm surrounded by so many people I know; there are times when I feel so lonely. Sometimes a feeling of loneliness can make me vulnerable. It makes me think a lot about the desire of my heart to get married one day to the guy God has for me. God will grant me the desires of my heart. But He will do it His way, for His reasons, and in His timing! I have such a hard time fully trusting in God with this area in my life. There have been many times where I have tried to do it my way, for my reasons, and in my timing. I have realized it doesn't work that way and I just need to let go and let God.

As a single woman, you can only wonder about the man you will someday marry, but God knows exactly who he is. He designed everything about him, from his hair color to the smallest quirks of his character. God knows exactly what challenges we  will face in our life together, every romantic moment we'll enjoy together and every fight we'll struggle through. I think to myself how amazing this dream would be if instead of making them up for myself; I asked God to give me a glimpse of His dreams for me. Those dreams have all the benefit of being true and all the certainty of being fulfilled.

I believe God knows who I will marry and that He is capable of leading me to that right person. I believe that he is God of all creation and that He knows me better than I know myself. He is perfectly able to bring this person into my life in His own time and His own way. He doesn't need my help, but yet I try time and time again to help Him out. If God wants me to be with someone, He will make it happen at the right time and with the right person. I don't need to force it.

No matter how long it takes, when God works, it's always worth the wait. His timing is perfect. He knows my anxious thoughts, and He sees my passion for all the plans that He has put in my heart. Just as a vine dresser nurtures the vine and waits patiently for the right moment to harvest, so too is God working tirelessly to prepare me to bear much fruit. I don't need to run ahead of Him before His plans are complete. My own strength will fail me and my dreams will wither away. I choose to trust  that God's dreams for me are far greater than I can dream on my own. I need to patiently wait for the season of His blessing in my life.

I have realized that in this time of loneliness, that sometimes loneliness is God's cry for friendship time with me. I need to draw close to God during this waiting time, and trust that this season of waiting will bring me the sweetest rewards. He wants me to delight in Him, love Him, and spend time with Him in prayer and Bible study. God wants me to to commit my hopes and dreams to Him, but the most important point to remember is that God loves me, I'm His child, and He wants the best things for me.

I may not understand His plan now, but I declare that God has a great plan for my life. God will work things out in my life if I trust Him. I may have to go through certain trials and wait for His answers, but I believe that God works all things together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
I need to wait on the Lord and trust that His perfect timing is best. God's word warns us not to try and speed things up and do things in our own strength. There is a right time for everything and that includes getting married and having a family. God's answer to my prayer may be to wait for a time before He gives me my desires. Every gift that comes from God is worth waiting for.

Through this time of loneliness, I'm encouraged as I wait patiently on the Lord and trust in Him that He will work things out in my life. I'm so thankful that God has revealed Himself in so many ways during this time of loneliness, and that He made it a point that I needed to spend some much needed friendship time with Him.

No comments