Chosen by God




When we know we are chosen by God, we live differently. God chose us because of His love for us. When we become confident that we are loved by God, it makes it easier to put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Through several years of my life, I had a hard time accepting God's love for me due to the deep wounds that left a hole in my heart from being sexually abused as a child. Because I struggled believing God loved me and chose me through what Satan intended for evil in my life, I in return searched for love and acceptance in so many wrong places. This search led to destruction in my life because no one can fill that hole that only God can fill.


Through counseling, prayers, and support from family and friends, I came to experience a new understanding of the Father's love for me. Through Bible study, worship and living in community with godly believers, I came to know in a deep way about His great love for me and I believed in my heart that I was chosen despite my past.


This experience set me free in so many ways. When we know we are loved by God, the One who created us for a purpose and knows all about us, it changes us. I continue to embrace the Father’s love for me and live like I am chosen. When we live like we are chosen, it not only changes us but can impact those around us.


We are chosen by God and for God. It absolutely blows my mind that before God even created the world, He had you in mind. Until we understand that we are important to God and that we are designed for His purpose and His glory, our lives will not make sense.


We are chosen and set apart by God to live holy lives, clothing ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. We can only do this with the strength that God gives us. Sometimes wearing these character qualities every day is not easy, but I choose them. As I choose these qualities, day by day, they become more and more natural to me. When I choose not to put on some of these characteristics of Christ, I fail miserably at loving those around me.

Too often, we miss opportunities to shine our lights for Christ. We get too caught up in our stuff, not paying attention to the broken and lost people around us. We are chosen by God for others to come to know Him. Your life, your testimony, may be the only one that someone sees today, and could possibly lead them to Jesus.

1 comment

  1. I love that you share your heart! Someone needed to here this today! Let your light shine!

    ReplyDelete